Acerola, Banana and Strawberry Smoothie
You're just a few minutes, a high-powered blender, and a few simple ingredients away from a delicious smoothie! This Acerola, Banana and Strawberry Smoothie recipe pairs sweet strawberries with a creamy banana and invigorating cranberry juice to create a delightful concoction that's sure to please. Culinary benefits aside, this smoothie is also good for you! The strawberries and cranberry juice it contains are packed with flavonoids, phytochemicals that have been linked to a host of health benefits. Freeze-dried acerola cherry powder, one of the most concentrated natural sources of vitamin C, is added to the blend for an extra vitamin kick, while the ground flaxseed this recipe calls for supplies your body with healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
- 1 small banana
- 15 frozen organic strawberries
- 1 orange (Day 1*)
- 1/4 tsp acerola powder [buy it here]
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 cup unsweetened cranberry juice
- Water (optional)
- Before preparing the other ingredients, take the strawberries out of the freezer, rinse them under cold running water, and let them thaw for 5 to 15 minutes.
- Peel the banana and the orange (if using), and break them into big chunks. If you're using another ingredient from the Tweak It! box below to replace the orange, peel, core and chop the fruit as needed.
- Place all the ingredients in a high-powered blender, secure the lid, and process until smooth.
- Remove the lid, and check the consistency. If the smoothie is too thick for your liking, add a little bit of water, replace the lid, and blend a few more seconds.
- Check the consistency again, and repeat the previous step if needed.
To keep things interesting, try tweaking the basic recipe above by replacing the orange with one of the other ingredients included in the Tweak It! box below. The Tweak It! box contains seven ingredients, one for each day of the week!
|*Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Day 4||Day 5||Day 6||Day 7|