Apricot Raspberry Smoothie with Baobab Powder
Makes 2 servings
Apricots and frozen raspberries join forces in this flavor-packed blend that will delight the whole family. In addition to apricots and raspberries, this recipe calls for a ripe banana, which lends creaminess to this vegan smoothie, and flaxseed oil, which provides essential fatty acids. Baobab fruit powder is added to the mix to give it an exotic twist—and a kick of vitamin C! Baobab powder, which still a relatively new on the superfood scene in North America and Europe, may not be available at your local health food store, but there are plenty of online shops that stock this up-and-coming superfood (the online retailer Amazon, for example, sells organic baobab powder here).
- 4 apricots, fresh or frozen
- ⅔ cup frozen raspberries
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 ⅔ cup water (approx.)
- 1 tsp baobab powder
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed oil
- Rinse the frozen ingredients, and let them thaw in a glass bowl for at least 10 minutes. Meanwhile, peel and slice the banana.
- Add 1 ⅔ cups water to a high-powered blender, followed by the sliced banana, baobab powder and flaxseed oil. Add the frozen, slightly thawed ingredients, along with any juice left in the glass bowl.
- Blend until thoroughly combined, turning off the blender and pushing down on the ingredients with a wooden spoon as needed to help the blending process.
- Check the consistency. If the smoothie seems too thick, add more water, and blend for a few more seconds. Pour into glasses and enjoy immediately!
Don't Miss This5 Tips for Buying the Freshest Ingredients
Five tips to help you find and buy the freshest ingredients on a regular basis.