Carrot and Blood Orange Smoothie with Maca Powder
Juicy blood oranges and fresh carrot juice pair up perfectly in this invigorating smoothie. Maca powder, made from the nutritious root of the South American maca plant, is used to further boost the nutritional value of this power-smoothie. This recipe makes two large smoothies, each about 2 cups, or three to four smaller smoothies.
The basic recipe below uses banana for creaminess, but if you're planning to treat yourself to a carrot and blood orange smoothie on several days in a row, you may want to substitute another fruit for the banana on some of those days in order to keep your taste buds intrigued. The Tweak It! section at the bottom of this page provides inspiration.
- 1 banana (or another ingredient from the Tweak It! box below)
- 4 small blood oranges
- 1 Tbsp maca powder (available from Amazon here)
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- 1 cup freshly-juiced carrot juice
- Peel the banana and the blood oranges, and cut them into a few big pieces.
- Place all the ingredients in a large-capacity blender, and blend until smooth.
- Check the consistency of the smoothie. If it's is too thick for your taste, add a bit more water, and process for a few more seconds.
- Pour into glasses, and serve immediately.
|Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Day 4||Day 5||Day 6||Day 7|
avocado, peeled & pitted
cooked, cooled sweet potato