Marinated Crimini Mushrooms with Thyme and Basil
Yield: about 5 servings
Marinating is a great way to add more flavor to crimini mushrooms which are often considered bland. These marinated mushrooms are very easy to make, and they can be served as appetizers or as a side dish.
- 3/4 lb (340 g) crimini mushrooms
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Thyme sprigs for garnish
- Brush the mushrooms clean.
- Halve the mushrooms if you like. You can also use whole mushrooms.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 8 to 12 hours.
- Garnish with thyme sprigs and serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition facts for these marinated crimini mushrooms are provided per 100 grams, per recipe (438 grams or about 1 lb), and per serving (88 grams or 3 oz) in the table below. The Percent Daily Values are provided in brackets.
|Per 100 g||Per Recipe||Per Serving||Comment|
|Energy in kcal||142 (7%)||624 (31%)||125 (6%)||80% of the calories in this mushroom dish come from olive oil|
|Protein in g||2 (4%)||9 (18%)||2 (4%)||NA|
|Total Fat in g||13 (20%)||56 (87%)||11 (17%)||Mainly monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs)|
|Saturated Fat in g||2 (9%)||8 (39%)||2 (8%)||NA|
|Carbohydrates in g||5 (2%)||21 (7%)||4 (1%)||NA|
|Fiber in g||1 (2%)||3 (10%)||1 (2%)||NA|
|Sodium in mg||290 (12%)||1270 (53%)||255 (11%)||NA|
|Cholesterol in mg||0 (0%)||0 (0%)||0 (0%)||Cholesterol-free|
Nutrition facts for recipes on healwithfood.org are primarily based on nutritional data provided by USDA SR-21. Percent Daily Values or %DV, indicated in brackets in the table above, are based on recommendations for a 2,000 calorie reference diet. Your daily values may be different depending on your individual needs.