Vegan Strawberry Smoothie Featuring Walnut Oil
Makes 2 servings
Note: This recipe is not suitable for people who are allergic or sensitive to tree nuts.
Frozen strawberries pair with almond milk in this luscious creation that's sure to tickle your taste buds. In addition to strawberries and almond milk, this smoothie recipe calls for a ripe banana, which lends creaminess to the blend, and an organic apple, which adds sweetness. Cold-pressed, omega-3 rich walnut oil is added to the mix to give it an extra health kick!
- 1 ripe banana,
- 1 cup frozen strawberry slices
- 1 organic apple
- 1 ⅔ cup almond milk
- 1 Tbsp cold-pressed walnut oil
- Water, as needed
- Peel and slice the banana, and rinse the strawberry slices. Rinse, core and dice the apple.
- Add the almond milk to a high-powered blender, followed by the banana, strawberry slices, apple and walnut oil.
- Secure the lid, turn the blender on, and slowly increase the speed. Blend at full speed until the mixture is nice and creamy. Add water if needed to adjust the consistency.
- Pour into glasses, and serve immediately.
Don't Miss ThisPlanning Ahead is Key to Eating Healthy on a Budget
With a little bit of careful planning, you can follow your favorite diet plan without breaking the bank.
More from HealWithFood.org
Book You May Like
Amazon.com or Amazon.ca if you live in North America, or to Amazon.co.uk if you live in the UK.