Secura 6-in-1 – A Multi-Cooker with Top Reviews
Meet the Secura 6-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker – a revolutionary cooking device that, despite usually being categorized as a pressure cooker, is a real multi-tasker! Equipped with a micro-computerized temperature and time control system, this ingenious gadget can be used as a regular pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, soup maker and sauté pan – as well as a steamer, provided that you get the steamer basket which is usually sold separately. Below, we take a look at some of the benefits of using the Secura multi-cooker, plus provide a brief summary of pros and cons that frequently pop up in user reviews of this multi-cooker.
Getting a Multi-Cooker Can Save You Space – and Money
From electric soup makers, nut milk makers and steamers to pressure cookers, rice cookers and slow cookers, there's a dedicated cooking device for almost everything. And, for busy home cooks, these automatic kitchen gadgets can be real time savers as they typically eliminate the need to check or stir the food while it cooks. However, few kitchens have enough cabinet and countertop space to fit all these contraptions, plus buying a specialty gadget for every single task can be hard on your wallet. This is where multi-cookers like the Secura 6-in-1 Cooker come in! By buying just one small appliance you'll basically get all of the following:
- Electric sauté skillet: With the Secura 6-in-1, you can saute or brown ingredients like chopped onions, garlic and rice to give them more flavor before cooking them in the same pan
- Pressure cooker: If you're in a hurry, you can turn your multi-cooker into a pressure cooker with a push of a button and have nutrient-rich, pressure-cooked food in no time
- Slow cooker: You can also use your multi-tasker as a slow cooker, perfect if you need to cook tougher cuts of meat which become tender only after long, slow cooking
- Rice cooker: A rice cooker can really take the pain out of making rice as you don't have to worry about scorching or boiling over – with the Secura 6-in-1 Cooker, you also have a rice cooker at your disposal whenever you need one
- Soup maker: Love the warmth of a good hearty soup? This ingenious kitchen gadget also creates chunky soups in a breeze! Note though that it doesn't have built-in blending blades, so it won't make puréed soups from scratch. If you want a machine that makes both chunky and puré soups from scratch, you might want to get one of these electric soup makers
- Steamer: Provided that you get a matching steamer basket or steamer rack, which are usually sold separately, your Secura 6-in-1 Multi-Cooker can also be used to create healthy steamed meals. And the best thing is, your new electric steamer is naturally BPA-free as both the standard cooking pot and the optional steamer inserts are made of stainless steel instead of plastic!
Secura 6-in-1 Cooker Comes with a Stainless Steel Pot
The standard cooking pot of the Secura's 6-quart 6-in-1 multi-cooker is made of high-quality, grade 18/10 stainless steel, and it is dishwasher safe (an optional non-stick pot can be purchased separately). Like other stainless steel pans, it is naturally free of Bisphenol-A (BPA), which is often found in plastic cookware, and Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), which is used to create non-stick cookware. While the debate over the safety of BPA and PTFE continues, worried consumers are eager to get PTFE-free and BPA-free versions of rice cookers, electric steamers, and the like – which is probably one of the reasons why this multi-cooker has been such a success.
Tons of Great User Reviews
Secura's 6-quart multi-cooker has received a lot of great reviews on Amazon, and at the time of writing, the vast majority of the reviews suggest that this multi-cooker does exactly what it's supposed to do. It has also scored high marks for its delay timer (which can be used to delay cooking by up to 24 hours), solid construction, and stainless steel pot. On the negative side, some reviewers complain that the gasket absorbs odors from the food, and that the user manual is of poor quality.